23 June 2012

ucf degree shows

well, there's been so much art to see recently and far too much to write about. fortunately my friend has written a great post on the fascinating talk we went to by cornelia parker (click here to have a look) which lets me off the hook! 

so after the open studios came the contemporary craft fair in bovey tracey which i went to with my aunt. being a local she knew all the sneaky back routes so we didn't get tied up in traffic or queues. It was a really fantastic event and a beautiful cup by one of my favourite potters, katrin moye made it back to my kitchen. it's big and hot chocolate sized and i can't wait to use it!

after looking at about 160 different stalls i called into the ucf fine art degree show on my way home. i realised that i had reached my capacity to absorb any more work but a couple of pieces caught my eye....

lenticel by lillie lockwood- mod rock, wax and varnish





























lenticel (detail) by lillie lockwood





























crevasse by lillie lockwood - handmade paper





























quails eggs by lauren wilson




































quails eggs (detail) by lauren wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment