25 August 2012

pictures to come soon!


my poor blog has been sadly neglected and is also sadly pictureless at the moment..... never have i had more i'd like to write but absolutely no time in which to do it. there is one more day of my exhibition to go (monday) and tomorrow is my first proper day off for the last 3 months. all week there has been a mixed forecast for falmouth but sunday has consistently had a reassuring yellow sun..... until this evening when it became a grey cloud....

i feel as if nature has been with me throughout this exhibition. i wrote earlier about finding the dead blue tit outside my studio the week i started painting. well, just half an hour after hanging the show i found a dead but perfect kingfisher near my studio-  dazzling turquoise feathers with exquisite markings and a pair of vivid orange feet. i don't know if finding dead blue birds is exactly fortunate but i've certainly never found any in cornwall before so it's all a little strange. i've been lacking a blue pigment so maybe there is some clue to something here.

and while it feels that nature has been with me, i feel that technology has conspired against me! my internet connection is only half working and won't upload any photos, and strangely none of my text messages had been coming through. after turning my phone off to watch a play when i turned it on again about 30 messages that must have been stuck out there in the ether came through all at once! many lovely messages from far flung friends wishing me well for my private view and others from people trying to organise payment for my work.......all so frustating wondering why people hadn't got back to me when actually they had.....

once the exhibition is down i will be able to sort these things out, finish photographing the pictures and finally get them up online.....and then i will be happy! i don't like to write posts without pictures.....

(technological break through! so here are some pictures....)


























































1 comment: